My love for beetroot is very recent.
I always knew beet is healthy and nutritious, but I never ate it willingly, until recently.
I had this beetroot salad at my friend’s place and loved it so much that I bought a bunch of beetroots the very same week and tried the recipe.
And there was no looking back with beets. Now, I count them amongst my favorite foods. The good this is it takes mere minutes to make.
I have also included some of the amazing health benefits of beetroot, to pique your interest in this earthy, sweet flavour vegetable.
To make this salad you will need:
1. Heat oil in a pan (heat on medium).
2. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and red chilli (I break it into 2 or 3 pieces to extract more flavour), and let them sizzle for 15 t0 30 seconds.
3. Add the sesame seeds and stir for a few seconds.
4. Now add the peeled and grated beetroot and salt; mix in well.
5. Reduce the flame and cook covered for about 5 to 7 minutes (stir couple of times in between)
6. Finally add lemon juice and mix well.
Serve warm or cold as a starter or as a lovely little extra alongside mains. You can also use it in wraps and sandwiches.
I like the light feeling and high energy I have after eating this energizing, cleansing salad. I’m sure you will like it too!
Have you made anything delicious lately?