ABOUT - hair buddha

ABOUT

Minaz

Hello beautiful, welcome to hair buddha. I am Minaz, an ex-practicing Neuro-Physiotherapist turned natural – hair – therapist!  I am writing to share my experiences on natural hair care that has been effective not only on me but also on many wonderful people around me.

My healthy hair mantra is “eat natural and feed your hair natural”. I like to blend traditional wisdom with modern science. I come from India, the land of champi-tel malish, which literally means head massage using pure or herb infused oils. For centuries, hair nourishing rituals such as head massage, henna hair packs, herb infused oils and mud baths have been an integral part of hair grooming for both men and women. Sadly, the natural hair care ritual is gradually fading away and so is the hair health. Through my blog, I want to revive the nourishing rituals for happy and healthy hair.

With loving wishes to have a ‘good hair day’ everyday 🙂

Why hair buddha?

Many people think buddha is the name of the founder of Buddhism. But his original name was Siddhartha Gautama. When he gained enlightenment, through intense meditation, he was given the title of buddha. (I am a spiritual person and I have a huge reverence for Gautam Buddha – one of the greatest prophets of all time.)

Buddha comes from the Sanskrit work buddhi. It literally means wise, learnt, or awakened.

I have gone through many hair problems. During the course of hair struggle I came to realise that just by changing shampoo or conditioner my hair will not improve.

It’s much deeper than that.

Yes hair that comes out of that scalp is pretty much dead. But the manufacturing unit of hair – that hair follicle – is situated beneath the scalp and it is alive. This hair follicle is fed by the nutrients and oxygen supplied by the blood vessel.

So fixing it externally is not going to help. We need to take a holistic approach in caring for it better.

I have done many years of research, and read extensively on hair care. My background in medical sciences helps me see the scientific picture on any hair problem. And my interest in yoga, ayurveda and natural remedies makes the complete package holistic.

But honestly, I am still learning. My quest is on and through hair buddha I like to share with you what makes your hair healthy and beautiful.

If you have been reading my posts you will know that this blog is not just about hair. I am passionate about helping people feel better, more beautiful, and in alignment with their true self.

And I like to thank all my dear readers for your love and support. You keep me going and it means a world to me.

Leave a Comment:

315 comments
Stella f says

Hi Minaz, i am suffering from severe hair loss. As you stated hairfall is due to internal factor please suggest. Eagerly waiting for your reply.

Irene says

Lavender tends to give me a headache. Is there a substitute. I have very itchy flaky scalp and eczema in my ears. Any advice please.

Minaz says

Use honey water.

Irene says

Thank you. What sort of measure. Honey to water or can you buy honey water?

Minaz says

You can use 1 tablespoon honey to 1/4 cup of water. Massage into your scalp and let it sit for 5 minutes and wash it out.

Sukanya says

Hi Minaz,you are doing a great work indeed.Unfortunately,I too faced a severe hair loss problem.It feels really embarrassing when you are a girl.The problem is I may not get my hair back😞.I wish if you can help me even if for 20% of the lost hair to regrow.
I had severe hair fall in my teen age I went to a beauty parlor and she told me to comb in a rough manner.I followed her advice like a fool and lost a major amount of hair which might not grow back.I don’t know what to do except crying helplessly.please let me know there is any proper solution to this.Thank you.

chitra says

Hello I just saw your site lots of useful info. I have a question please. My hair just starting to turn grey. I have black (for the most part) fine soft hair. I want to color my hair to a shade of dark brown or browinsh red. Please can you advice how to do it ? thanks

Minaz says

Apply henna every three weeks, your shade will get darker with every application.

Ahfady says

Hello,I need help with severe hair loss

Zenobia says

Hello, i am new to this site. I would like the tips on 5 amazing foods for hair

Mazy says

Hi Minaz Thank you for your tips l am losing my hair every day I hope your tips will help me to save my hair thank’s again

Suzanne Matsumoto(Naga) says

Love everything you are writing. Would like to get you news letter please

Mahak Rajgarhia says

Hi Minaz, your blog might just be my saviour but i am confused as to how to combine the different remedies – which oil, which shampoo and which conditioner. Can you help please!

Louise says

Hi Minaz, just come across your great site! You mention the hair follicles being fed + oxygen supplied by the blood vessels? I feel my scalp is like a desert without water, it feels tight, like the blood doesn’t get to the follicles, causing fine, wispy hair. Any tips to improve this problem? Many thanks in advance

Minaz says

You can use wide-tooth wood comb to stimulate your scalp. Comb multiple times. Also use weekly hair masks such as avocado or egg.

Add Your Reply